Thursday, August 21, 2008

Current progress

Here for your viewing pleasure is my PR- Once Upon A Time. The pita'est of all projects I have ever tackled! The other night I decided to frog the parts where blending filament K#032 was involved, it was just not to my liking, very little sparkle as i was only using one strand. I did however finish last night re-stitching up the parts i had frogged and used 1 strand of the dmc and 2, yes 2 BF to make it more blingy. And i think it's working well, you can't really see them in the picture, but they are there. =)




Over here you can see my last update.

Sadly, they are still amputee's LOLOL but I am working on getting them the other halves of their body. But i wanted to finish those pesky flowers and branch first, and i think I have them under control, there is more to come a somewhat grassy area where the bench was situated, but doesn't look as time consuming as the arch. I am getting tired of them, honestly, and i want to stitch on something different, they are really testing my patience but I think i have enough of it to atleast try work as much. I am so tempted to start like maybe another Mira, one of the couture fay's perhaps? or the Nimue fairy dust...The question is, What is a girl supposed to do? (i'll leave it unanswered for now...) hehe.

Thanks for visiting!!

9 comments:

imnverted said...

This is looking very lovely. Waiting to see the next update :o)

Sue said...

This is so gorgeous. I just love the fabric you chose to do this on ;)

Andie said...

Lol Noreen... they look gorgeous! Your colour changes are fantastic as always :D ..... maybe starting a little project is a good idea... you will get it finished fast and feel great again and can get back to these 2 :D

Anonymous said...

It's looking great sis! I like the color changes you made, gorgeous!

Correct, a small project will help gain the interest and in no time you'll see you're up to it again.

Mel said...

Looks really great Noreen. I cannot wait to see this finished!

Unknown said...

Trust me Noreen, I know about the patience that is required for this progress. I am not doing the arch, which I give you the upmost respect for doing. I will tell you that the grass area is easy. The bench isn't bad. The hardest areas are behind you. The rest should be a piece of cake.

stitcherw said...

Your PR piece is so pretty. I'm glad you found a way to make it sparkle a bit more. However, what a pain to have to frog the sections out and then restitch. Also, I'll bet working with 2 strands of BF is tricky. Saw in your earlier post you got your friend hooked on crossstitch. What fun to have a new stitching buddy.
Sue

Marie said...

the fabric is perfect ! i love your work !

Sharon said...

It is looking wonderful!