Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flowers, flowers... everywhere!!!

Thought I'd take a picture and see if I have made any (if at all!) progress on this never ending flowers. I worked on this for a couple of days. And you guessed it I am still on those flowers!!! Argh!!!

I just really want this over with, so i try ever so patiently to atleast work on those flowers day after day after day after day... Although it looks like once I am passed the (rose?) arbour everything should go smoothly as the fairy and prince itself have big blocks of colors, so it should be more like mirabilia-ish (which i love love love!)
Here is an old photo of my previous WIP blog entry

And here it is as of today (or since the last time i worked in it)

I have even thought about it over and over, that once I am done with this design I'm tossing it to my sister as her wedding anniversary gift this July, can you tell I am starting to get very tired of this design? LOL. But i showed a finish piece to hubby and he really loves this (no matter how many times I've yelled at him because of how pissed off i was at those flowers!!!) He even like this design better than Mediterraneo which i also adore. But maybe when it's all done, finish, over with...I will start to love this piece again. Crossing my fingers, eyes and toes!!! Kitting this wasn't a cheap one either. So please be still my heart!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the flower details.

Andie said...

Gorgeous Noreen!! And you can see progress!!! YAY!!

Chiloe said...

It looks great so keep up the good work: you will LOVE the design and your sister is going to thrilled with her unique gift ;-)

I'm so happy you're back so we can look at your beautiful pieces !!! :-D

Sharon said...

It is beautiful! You will be finished with those flowers soon.

Sue said...

Noreen ~ This piece is just stunning. I love the fabric you are stitching it on. Those are a lot of flowers though, I can feel your pain ;)

KiKi said...

I could see some definite progress! So keep up with it!!!

Sachiko said...

Gougeous flower!!

Jenny said...

You are making progress! And the flowers look lovely, though I totally understand about them taking forever plus a few more days. :)

Mel said...

It looks wonderful though. I am not a fan of stitching the cruddy flowers around designs. It gets quite boring.
Your sister is going to love it

stitcherw said...

It is looking so beautiful, but I can see how sticking with the flowers would get quite boring after a while. Taking pictures to see your progress helps so much on these types of projects as you can really see what you've gotten done by comparing them. The other thing I do is change colors of the highlighter I'm using. I make a copy of the pattern and mark off as I go, so one week I'll use a green highlighter, the next pink, the next yellow, then a blue one and so on. With the different colors I can also see how much headway I've made on the pattern piece, and that is a nice feeling too.
Sue

Juls said...

You have made such great progress!!! I can totally understand your frustration with the flowers but it will look so beautiful when you are done....it already does!!!!! thanks for posting the pics!!!
And that is a new mermaid (from your last post)!!! Not quite sure of the name but I've already ordered it at my LNS!!!!!! You beat me on this one...I didn't even know it was out!!!!!!;-)
I'm so glad you are back and Conner is feeling better!!!! You were missed!!!! So sorry I haven't commmented in a while. I have had guests on and off these last 3 weeks........

Yuko said...

Noreen, I tagged you on my blog and please do the same on yours, when you have time!
Thank you!