Thursday, March 13, 2008

WIP progress and changes...

I have been happily stitching away on OUAT. I have already stitched a little bit of her blue dress as you can see here. There are symbols that are confusing (e.g. an area surrounding with "m" symbol and some "m" doesn't look like it at all, it looks retarded, or symbols that are printed only half way, and i can't tell exactly whether they are the same as the surrounding area or a different one that i can't find on the guide) so I asked hubby to look for a big finished picture for me so I can see what color etc. and he did find a big finished picture for me on webshots and said, "Are you sure about the color of her dress?" I was like "..." and he said "I'm not so sure i like that color, but she looked like a bride holding a bouquet, why not change it to white?" And in an instant i went pulling out my DMC color card and matched up whites with the older color, i really love it when hubby says something about my projects, It makes me feel like he is involved LOL. And so I went ahead and frogged the old blues and started with the whites, I love how it's looking so far, and I haven't been feeling "burned out" yet... LOL


The prince's shirt was as i had originally planned, hubby's fave color is green, I also converted the prince's hair. If something has to hang in my house, it should look like the people living in it, yeah? hehehe..

And now...Picture...


TFL!

6 comments:

Sue said...

This looks wonderful! I'm always amazed how well you can change colors in a design. I agree with you about having people in a design looks like people in the household ;)

Sharon said...

Looks fabulous! You are so good at changing things.

stitcherw said...

It's looking gorgeous. You've made a lot of progress and I love the color changes you've made to it. That is great that he gets involved and makes comments and suggestions, it will make the finished piece so much more personal.
Sue

Anonymous said...

As always Sis, your color conversion is wonderful. I love it!

kiss sabay hug!

~Julie~ said...

Wow, you're really coming along!! You've already finished his "upper half"---that is awesome! I still think those flowers are just divine!!

I think your little ballerina is so adorable, too! You sure get a lot done faster than I do! I think I need lessons. lol!

GREAT job! :)

~Julie~

Andie said...

Gorgeous!! As usual!! I have a love hate relationship with PR's patterns, I love the product... HATE the charts, they are so big and cumbersome and the backstitch is always so dark on the chart it is hard to read the symbol underneath... probably why I haven't worked on Dawn in so long LOL *hugs*