Saturday, March 17, 2007

My SSM WIP

Sweet Caroline...I meant Carolyn (that song is stuck in my head) LOL asked me to show my WIP of SSM. I thought I'd update my blog as she is an entry worth wasting my time for. hehe



She's stitched on 28 count solo opal lugana from SW. I have mentioned this before..I think? I really love this fabby because the top is light colored and it suddenly went darker downwards like you know...under the sea! Anyways, I still have way more to go. I actually frogged her body once because the first time she came out with abnormally long torso, that hubby commented, if she did not have a tail...you'll see something else that's not suppose to be there LOL so i went ahead and frogged her body and moved her tail upwards a little bit. She is very skinny, but i think once she's filled in with those beads she won't be looking strange anymore...I hope! She likes to eat sea-weeds LOL.

I got to stitch more on her last night so I got more of her tail done..I also eliminated her 'tendrils..or tentacles' whatever they were cuz then she would end up looking like an octupos, not very pretty.

I am hoping to work on her more, time and my baby permits me. I actually am excited to get her finished. By then, I would be very sure to share my conversion, I can't gamble as of now yet, I wasn't born to ruin ones project. hehehe

Have a good 'un.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

LOL... You have no idea how many times I get called Caroline and/or have that song sung to me. LOL. SSM looks so good! I don't think she looks too skinny - she is just very svelte from all that swimming! :) She is so beautiful and you are doing an AWESOME job. I thought she was just too "busy" being entirely covered with scales and what-not. I like her much better this way! :) Good job :) (and thanks for posting just for me! )

*hugs*

Carolyn

Juls said...

I love her this way! Great conversion!!!! You really have a talent for conversions!

Jamie said...

Hey I love your SSM! I think your floss looks amazing too... great job on dying. I need a bigger apartment but that would mean a horrible move and more money.

I enjoyed your blog.