Friday, March 27, 2009

The End of a Love Affair!

And I couldn't be any happier!!! 1 year and 10 months of love-hate relationship and it all resulted to todays sweet goodbye... sweet goodbye to all the frustrations it had caused me to be exact!!! But I am happy, no tears here. oh no no no!!! It's so beautiful and I love it to bits. I thought at one point i was so tired of it that I wanted to just give it away once it's finished, but i changed my mind when i saw it done, and the two lucky people who's names are stitched onto this piece are the lucky recepient of this beautiful finish **ahem**


Are you ready???



Once Upon A Time by Passione Ricamo
on SMF Impressionism belfast

This has got to be one of my favorite finishes. Because I love my conversion LOL (see original here). I also went with my previous plans, like her necklace, thank God it doesn't look like an inverted cross like in the original LOL, I gave her a choker with a single bead dangling (sorta). That scarf-like whatevs that was hanging from her shoulders had been chopped off. And the darker shades in her dress are in greys because I didn't want her to look like she is wearing a scrap of the same material as the prince's cape. I also added some words, to make it more wedding sampler-ish like. Just dropping the names and date in there would'a been boring as hell, wouldn't you agree?

Now I don't know when this will be framed, but I gotta find something nice and perfect for it, but ho hum, I am not even sure I can do it soon because the apartment we live in right now wouldn't allow nails bigger than a pin, i mean really! It pisses me off to no end! That i haven't even bothered fixing my other one that their damn wall dropped and broke!

So yeah, I think I am set for another crap hahaha! I am not sure what to do next yet, but I have yet to finish my last square for Cole's quilt and then i will have to decide, perhaps a smallish one, just for a quick kiss on thyself by myself.

Thanks for viewing and I hope you liked what you see, as you had been so very patient with me all this years listening to me crap and crap and crap about this piece.

I need to go review for my drivers written exam this afternoon. Wish me luck! After almost 5 years of living in the US i finally decided to go sit me arse and take the exam. wOOt!? wOOt!?

Have a nice weekend everybody!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay you had me worried! LOL Congrats on your finish - it looks awesome, love your changes. :)

KiKi said...

The picture is beautiful! Glad to see it finished! You had me quite curious with your last post! I hope you passed your test!

Andie said...

Oh yay! So so so so so HAPPY for you!! *waddles while dancing around the room* And good luck with the test!

Sharon said...

An amazing finish! Congrats.

Hearty Bakes said...

Indeed a very beautiful piece Noreen. Congrats for your finish!

Cheryl said...

Oh big congratulations to you! It is so beautiful! A labour of love :)

Chiloe said...

Congrats for your finish !!!! I'm dancing xith you !!!!

Did you pass your exam?

What are you stitching now?

Veronica said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! Congratulations on the gorgeous finish.

Abi said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you came back with happy news... I was starting to get worried.

Anonymous said...

Congrats sis!!! As always you did a great job. I love the changes you've made, perfect!!

Happy Easter!!

Nima said...

Amazing piece of work

Teresa said...

Gorgeous!

Lana said...

THAT is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great job on your finish!!!

Cindy said...

This is really Gorgeous!!!
Well done, Noreen!
I think I like your version better, great job in that too :D

Chiloe said...

Hello there !!! How are you doing? Keep us updated please !!!! :-D

Stitching Sweetie said...

Hey Noreen,
Haven't heard from you in awhile. Everything okay?